Join our team in the community! We host and participate in a variety of events, from community cleanups, eco-fairs, public presentations and everything in-between.
Interested in bringing the U of T Trash Team to your next community event? Contact us.
- Tuesday January 12 – Tuesday February 9: Home Waste Audit: Start the new year with our team during our 4-week home waste audit with 2 webinars (Tues January 12/Tuesday February 23 at 7 pm EST). Register here.
- Thursday February 4 at 7 pm EST: What are Microplastics (Vaughan Public Library presentation by Alice (Xia) Zhu): Register here.
- Thursday February 18 at 7 pm EST: How to do a Home Waste Audit (Vaughan Public Library presentation by Caitie Ciampaglia and Ismay Earl): Register here.
- Thursday February 25 at 2 pm EST: Adventures of an Urban Ecologist: Studying Plastic Litter in Vietnam (Idea Exchange presentation by Rachel Giles): Register here.
- Wednesday March 24/Thursday March 25 1 – 4:30 pm EST: Trapping Trash Workshop: Details and Registration
- Saturday November 7 at 9 pm EDT: GLO NYC Sustainability Workshop Series: Individual Action Against Waste with Alice (Xia) Zhu (Phd Student, Rochman Lab).
- Sunday October 25 at 4 pm EDT: Film Discussion and Panel, Tiny plastic, colossal problem: what can we do now (EcoFair Toronto).
- Saturday September 19 at 10 am – 2 pm EDT: Urban Litter Challenge (Socially Distanced Edition)
- Wednesday August 12 at 2 pm EDT: Upcycled Bird Feeder Workshop with Koffler Scientific Reserve (View recording)
- Saturday July 18 at 5 pm EDT: Microplastic Madness: Screening and Community Conversation (View recording)
- Tuesday July 7 – Tuesday August 4: Home Waste Audit: Join our team for 4-week home waste audit with 2 webinars (Tues July 7/Aug 18 at 7 pm EDT).
- Tuesdays from April 21 through May 19 at 2 pm EDT: Litter-ature for Waste Litter-acy
- Tuesday May 12 at 1 pm EDT: Ontario Day of Action on Litter Webinar with the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup
- Saturday March 7, 11 am – 2 pm EDT at Evergreen Brickworks: Learn about sources of pollution with our interactive watershed demonstration at this year’s Waterfront Toronto Science Fair.
- Sunday November 3: Don Mouth Naturalization Tour and Community Engagement Event – SETAC North America Annual Meeting).
- Monday September 23 at 7 pm (Museum of Contemporary Art): PhD student Alice (Xia) Zhu presents ‘From the Bay Area to the Arctic‘ as part of Shezad Dawood’s exhibition Leviathan.
- Saturday September 21 at 10 am (Hart House Circle, St. George Campus): Join our inaugural Urban Litter Challenge to clean the neighbourhood & protect our watershed.
- Thursday September 19 at 7 pm (Tranzac Club): Nerd Nite Toronto kicks off their 10th season with a talk from PhD student, Bonnie Hamilton.
- Tuesday, September 17 at 6 pm (Gerstein Library – Alice Moulton Room): Tiny Plastics: Big Problems panel discussion with students and researchers from the U of T Trash Team.
- June 8th and 9th: Rouge Valley Eco Valley Exploration event. Explore the Rouge Valley and stop by our table to learn about the impact of microplastics in our environment.
- May 5th – Annual Cleanup the Don in collaboration with TRCA’s Paddle the Don.